The Urban Education Collaborative and UNC Charlotte are excited to again partner with Freedom Schools to promote the long-term success of children by preventing summer learning loss through igniting a passion for reading and inspiring a love of learning.
Freedom School Partners fulfills this mission by:
- Delivering a culturally diverse curriculum that affirms our scholars with engaging literature and exposure to the broader community.
- Serving families and children who lack access to quality summer enrichment oppurtunities.
- Addressing the whole child by supporting their academic, social and emotional needs.
- Offering a work-force development opportunity for college students to gain professional experience, serve as positive role model and enter the teacher pipeline or social service pipeline.
- Collaborating with diverse community stakeholders who contribute to and benefit from the partnerships.
To learn more about Freedom School Partners click here.